Learn navigation skills at your pace with Monica, an experienced Mountain Leader and educator who loves helping others gain confidence in the outdoors. Learning to navigate competently in the hills is an empowering experience that will open doors to more exciting places and safer experiences for yourself and those you share your adventures with.
My navigation courses are tailored to you. Whether you’re an absolute beginner or looking to refresh your navigation skills for the Mountain Leader assessment, I’d love to help. Here’s a sampler of what you can learn:
- How to read maps, including features, scales, contour lines and direction
- Paper-based navigation techniques
- Compass bearings, timings, and pacing
- Using landscape features to aid your navigation – it’s not all about maps!
- Night navigation
- Planning a journey
- When and how to use digital navigation tools
Navigation skills can be combined with my other hiking and wild camping trips. All courses are designed for small groups of 1-3. Pricing depends on your group size, location, and time and scope of the adventure. Contact me to discuss your requirements – I look forward to sharing my skills – and a great adventure – with you!