We’re excited to bring Mark’s vast experience in astronomy and astrophotography to Eat Sleep Wild’s collection of adventures. Eat Sleep Wild, after dark!
Our astronomy nights are all about shared enjoyment. We want to share with you:
- Visual observations with our 12” Meade SCT reflector telescope. See Jupiter’s moons and Saturn’s rings with your own eyes.
- Astrophotography with our William Optics FLT132 refractor telescope. You can even bring your own photographic equipment – capture a detailed picture of Andromeda, learn easy photo processing tricks, and have an image to take home with you that you’ll treasure forever.
- Observe and photograph the Northern Lights / Aurora Borealis.
- Watch meteor showers, view celestial objects, and generally enjoy a great evening of stargazing, taking advantage of Scotland’s amazing dark sky sites.
We’ll also up the ante with a great atmosphere including:
- All the hot tea and coffee you can drink
- A well-fed fire pit for keeping warm and convivial chat
These evenings usually run over winter to take advantage of Scotland’s long nights.