- 100g oats
- 40g ground almonds
- 10g chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 4 medjool dates (or 8 dried apricots)
- 1 small ripe banana
- 150ml almond milk (or other milk)
- 1tsp vanilla extract (or zest of a lemon)
- 100g blueberries (or other fruit – chopped apple and/or blackberries are good)
- flaked almonds or more oats (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tin with 6 paper cases.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the oats until they are a similar consistency to flour.
- Tip the oats into a large mixing bowl. Add the ground almonds, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the same food processor / blender, add the dates, banana, and almond milk. Blend until the dates are mostly chopped up – I like to leave a little texture.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture along with the blueberries and mix until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and Carter with the flaked almonds / extra oats if desired. Bake for about 20 minutes, until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.